Thursday, April 14, 2011

Quotes of Note

Franklin , Tennessee -

I don't get it (softly crying) I really don't
Don't get what Honey?
This town. I've read all the brochures and I fell in love with Franklin and now that I'm here I just don't get it
What are you talking about?
I'm talking about this one-horse of a mule's ass called a town that's what. This town is not the town I read about in these God Damn Fucking brochures.
Honey that's all window dressing and nothing more. Do you really think people come here just to visit fake battlefields? Where's the history in that? Look , I've been reading some of the local blogs and there are people here who wish they had stayed put where they were. The Harassment Police got rid of the Kool Aid blogger. Now what more do you want to know about this town?
Why didn't you tell me all this before?
You wouldn't have believed me. It was necessary for you to learn the truth on your own.
I've learned enough thank you very much. Can we go home now?
Yes of course we can

Overheard at Shoney's breakfast bar
:)