Thursday, February 25, 2010

Typical Franklin Police Mentality

The City of Franklin , Tennessee - ( this incident happened a while back ) Franklin Police tracked down a family operated theft ring , specializing in outdoor memorabilia. Doug went to Downtown Franklin Police , to get the scoop from Detective Barnes.
Doug : Why did it take 5 years to finally end this case ?
Barnes : Well , you know , we've been rather busy. It took us 10 years just to get rid of that Taylor guy.
Doug : Are you related to Commander Barnes ?
Barnes : Why , yes I am. He's retired by the way
Doug : Yes , I know , butt , is'nt that like nepotismism ?
Barnes : Why no , no , no , of course not , no , not at all. Why ? Well , er , cough , anyway. This City of Franklin passed ordinances , allowing The Franklin Police Department to hire who ever they want , regardless of qualifications
Doug : Wow , Franklin's government actually accomplished something.
Barnes : Hmmm , yeah , how about that. Hmmm. Hey , by the way , do you have a driver's license ?
Doug : No , I don't drive. Butt , I do have a gun permit. I rode the Franklin Trolley to get here.
Barnes : Well then , you're under arrest.
Doug : Huh ? What for ?
Barnes : Franklin City Ordinance 13-13-13-001-013-13-00013. I'm arresting you on suspicious suspicion of not seriously wanting to live in Franklin with snooping around where you are not wanted plus vagrancy
Doug : Butt , I DON'T live in Franklin , I never said I did. And besides that , I called you before coming here to schedule this interview
Barnes : See ? I had a suspicious hunch you didn't belong around here and besides , I don't know who you are or even why you are here :) And I don't remember no phone call.
Doug : Butt , butt , hey wait a minute , aren't your phone calls taped anyway ? You'll find our conversation @ 1300 today
Barnes : No I won't :)
Doug : Whaaa ? What kind of a police department is this ?
Barnes : Hee hee hee and snickers some more :)

Note : ass this went down , it was a good thing Barnes did not know Jay Johnson was looking for her. She did make it out of town alive.