Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Harassment? What Harassment?

Franklin , Tennessee - this occurred over at the KoolAid blog several months ago , police harassment was again , the subject on the table and so I five fingered these comments:

Guest-I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any contacts for citizens concerned about the Franklin Police harassing citizens. Our family has lived her almost 12 years and I've never seen such an overblown department. They are out of control and I'd like to get an investigative reporter on it or demand an audit of that department. Any suggestions?

Guest-I don't usually visit this site so I'm not certain what is "off limits". The police harassment I am talking about is something different (and I agree with the concerns above except those are more a running joke at our house like the new ridiculous headquarters that I always drive out-of-town friends and family by just so I can watch their faces and laugh). My children are 17 and 19 and I am so tired of them being stopped by the FPD when they haven't violated any law. My kids have grown up scared of the cops and grown to hate them after years of being harassed about paintball guns, rollerblading, skateboarding, walking home from a friend's a block away after curfew,etc. We had another incident Saturday night and four cars showed up for a window tint violation then cuffed my son (home from college) in the back of squad car because a K9 unit they called supposedly smelled drugs - they didn't find anything in his car or on him. I won't even start on their cocky statements. He was one block from our home at 10:00PM. Anyway, I think there are way too many police with time on their hands and gasoline to burn and they harass citizens. We feel so strongly about it we have considered moving but refuse. I talk to so many other citizens that feel the same way and just wondered if there was a blog specifically for that or a group of concerned citizens that you might know of?

Guest- it happened Saturday night. I cannot tell you the number of parents that express the same concerns. It feels like we live in a police state with a bunch of officers that make the good officers look terrible. I have tried talking to Chief Moore and since he has a teenage son I thought he'd be more helpful or at least sensitive...not. I would not recommend Franklin for families with teenagers in a million years. I wish we'd never moved here but it makes me angry because this is the United States of America. Our Alderman throw money at that department like no tomorrow and we only have 60,000 residents...thanks for the feedback. I am not going to let this go. Blessings! And God Bless America!!

Another guest- if this is a recent happening our son had a similar thing happen. Nothing has changed after 7 years ?
Franklin City better wise up as it may run off their future good citizens.


Jerry Horne - The reason Franklin Police are out of control is because they have no accountability. The people could control them if they wanted to under THEIR CONSTITUTION , butt , they won't do it. HELL , they don't even use it. The American people proved to the world how gutless they are by allowing President Bush to kick them out of their White House.